50 Expository Essay Topics That Will Really Help You
First of all, expository writing includes a number of subcategories, such as descriptive, cause and effect, comparison and other. That’s why when you need to pick an expository essay topic, you may choose from a wide range of available options.
Here’s a list of topics to all tastes. You will surely want to sink your teeth into one of them:
Expository Essay Topics: Description
- Morning in the mountains.
- Seeing snow for the first time.
- Listening to the classical music.
- The eyes of someone you love.
- A child’s smile.
- Autumn forest.
- Spring garden.
- Sea trip.
- First love.
Expository Essay Topics: Sequence or Process
- How to make a pizza.
- How to do a literature review.
- How to change a flat tire.
- How to loose a guy in ten days.
- How to fail a course in college.
- How to produce a positive impression at an exam.
- How to get on well with your roommate.
- How to start your essay early.
- How to make friends.
- How to save money in college.
Expository Essay Topics: Comparison
- Mountains and volcanoes.
- Santa Claus and a tooth fairy.
- Jesus Christ and Buddha.
- Veganism and vegetarianism.
- High school and college.
- Scholarship and financial aid.
- Yoga and Pilates.
- Childhood and spring.
- Cats and dogs.
- Loving and being loved.
Expository Essay Topics: Cause and Effect
- Air pollution – acid rains.
- Lack of confidence – failures.
- Poor communication – misunderstanding.
- Lack of education – low salary.
- Optimism – better immune system.
- Poor time management – slow career growth.
- Jogging – becoming healthier and more successful.
- Democratic parenting style – kids’ trust and respect.
- Deforestation – lack of oxygen.
- Fast food – excessive weight.
Expository Essay Topics: Problem and Solution
- Reading books for better grammar.
- Air conditioning for better productivity.
- Adopting a pet for learning responsibility.
- Positive thinking for longer life.
- Learning foreign languages for preventing Alzheimer’s.
- Falling in love for curing depression.
- Getting hobby for using excessive energy.
- Visiting new places for broadening horizons.
- Signing up to LinkedIn for getting a job.
- Meditation for obtaining a peace of mind.